I am currently in my final year of studying Journalism: Multimedia and the University of Salford. My work is currently at a 2:1 standard and I am on track to graduate in July with this.
- 11 GCSEs including B in Maths and B in English.
- Politics – C
- Media – B
- English Language – B
- Quays News Reporter – September 2014- May 2017 – During my time at the University of Salford I have reported for the student run website, Quays News. I have reported on a number of different topics such as music, transport and also education. It has given me the opportunity to work under deadlines and to also experience writing for a set style guide.
- Inside Tameside – November 2016 – I carried out work experience at Inside Tameside, here I wrote a number of stories for both the online sites and physical papers for the Tameside Reporter and the Glossop Chronicle. I also read the news for Tameside Radio while here. This gave me experience in a real newsroom and journalism in a professional environment. While here I also had an insight to the working of social media for a company. I was in charge of posting my stories across their various social media platforms, here I learnt which words would attract the most amount of interactions as well as which times were best to post the links to get the highest views.
- University of Salford 2014-2017 – During my time studying at the University of Salford I have produced a number of assignments as well as taking part in news days. My assignments involved interviewing a number of people with relevance to the story I was producing. The assignments were produced in a professional manner, with both a deadline and an assignment outline for what I was to create. As part of my course I also took part in news days, these gave me the experience to see how a newsroom would work in a professional environment while producing work in a small space of time and to tight deadlines.
Other Work Experience
- December 2012 – I was a temporary sales assistant at Waterstones during the Christmas period. My main responsibilities were ensuring that all stock was out, dependent on room, and also assisting customers with any queries they had. This gave me an introduction to working with members of the public.
- August 2014- September 2016 – I was a sales assistant at Clintons cards. My main responsibilities during this job was working on the tills, ensuring the store was kept to a high standard, assisting customers with queries, ensuring I met the companies targets with regards to sales, add ons, achieving signing customers up for the reward scheme and other jobs that helped towards the upkeep of the stores that I worked in. This gave me experience of working with a team in order to get tasks done while also ensuring that my own individual approach to tasks was improved.
- August 2016 – May 2017 – I worked on the check outs and also the customer service desk at Tesco. This gave me a good experience of interacting with customers and ensuring the needs of the customer was met.
I am enthusiastic individual who always ensures that tasks I undergo are performed to the best of my ability. I enjoy to learn new things and take on challenges well in order to further me in the professional world while also performing well under pressure. I enjoy working as part of a team and also alone as I find it easy to be sociable and to talk to people who I have not yet met before. I am trustworthy, hardworking, well focused and ensure that I do not leave a task unfinished.
References available upon request.